- The Chopped Strand Mat (width = 125 cm) is made from E-Glass medium sized strands of 50 mm length. The non-aligned strands are held together by an emulsion binder, which is soluble in styrene. The basic strands of 12 microns have a sizing containing a silane coupling system. This gives the Chopped Strand Mat an excellent compatibility with UP-resins and Vinylester resins.
- The product is mainly used in the hand lay-up process. It has a medium wet-out time and a good ability to remove air in the lamination process. Laminates produced with this mat are characterized by good mechanical properties and excellent resistance to long time weathering.
- The Chopped Strand Mat is suitable for Unsaturated Polyester- and Vinylester resins.
- This product has Lloyd's Register approval for applications in constructions built under Lloyd's Register survey.
- This product complies with DET NORSKE VERITAS rules for applications in marine vessels.